Denise Parent is the drummer and vocalist for the first all-female Grateful Dead tribute band. And we say “It’s about time!” Thanks to an introduction through David Ganz of The Grateful Dead Hour, host Thea Wood caught up with Parent for this remote interview. Parent covers a lot of ground, so pop in your earbuds and let’s get started with The Shakedown!
(watch videos and more at the extended Show Notes page)
Never miss an episode-- sign up for our newsletter.
In this episode Parent chats about:
- The historic night of her first all-female Dead cover band show
- How maturity has changed her approach toward drumming
- The joke she played on an unwitting fan (he was a good sport about it!)
- The “4 Agreements” - and why they’ve always stuck with her
- Different styles of how men and women communicate
Thank you to our friends at Strait Music in Austin, TX for supporting Herizon Music Foundation.
This is a production of Herizon Music Foundation
Disclaimer: Opinions of show guests are not necessarily those of Herizon Music Foundation, Inc. or its employees, volunteers, officers/directors, or contractors.